ServiceMaster on call 7/24/365 to help with disaster waiting for you inside/outside your home. Suggestions to prep your home for your departure.
1. Empty the dishwasher, leave it creacked open for air flow.
2. Clean out refridgerator of any food that wont servive your absents
3. Place water heater on "vacation mode" setting
4. Put interior lights on timers.
5. Make sure smoke detectors are working.
6. Most important: turn off water to the interior of the home. Undisclosed water leaks can result in thousands of dollars in damages. Leave faucet taps open so when you slowly turn the water system back on pressure wont blow out the gaskets. At very least turn of water valves to sinks, DW, Washers, and toilets.
7. Have someone check in on your home while you are away early detection of disaster will result in lower repair costs.