Skip to content

Saturday morning fire causes $350K in damage to home

Officials list the cause of the fire as 'electrical failure'
Burlington Fire Department file photo

No one was injured in a Saturday morning house fire in Burlington.

The Burlington Fire Department dispatched eight emergency vehicles and 21 crew members to Rainbow Court – near the intersection of Upper Middle Road and Guelph Line –  just before 10 a.m.

When firefighters arrived, smoke and flames were visible. Crews were on scene for about two hours.

Damage to the home is estimated at approximately $350,000.

Officials list the cause of the fire as “electrical failure” and say it originated in the living room.

They warn the public to not overload circuits.

“Air conditioners and other heavy appliances should be plugged directly into an outlet,” said the City of Burlington in a news release.

“If this is not possible, use a 14 gauge three-wire, grounding-type appliance extension cord. A cord or plug that becomes hot is an indication of an overloaded circuit.”

push icon
Be the first to read breaking stories. Enable push notifications on your device. Disable anytime.
No thanks